Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Anniversary, Year #3

Today Jeff and I have been married three years. I can honestly say that each time we come around to an anniversary it feels like we have been given a giant blessing. Thank God for each year we have together!

We celebrated by watching a movie on Friday and bringing home a tiramisu cake from a glorious franchise bakery called Red Ribbon. Our friends helped us "appreciate" the cake on Saturday evening. Hooray for year #3!


Tiramisu is an anniversary tradition for Jeff and myself since we brought it home with us the night we got engaged. There's a great story in there about eating on the patio of Buca di Beppo, raindrops just starting as they delivered our dessert. Completely stuffed with pasta, we wrapped it up just in time to run through a DOWNPOUR to our car several blocks away. It was one of those scenes like from a movie where we just couldn't stop laughing as we slipped and splashed around. I was actually sad to see the car in view and said, dripping with sweetness, "You know you have to kiss me before we get in the car, right?" Anyone who knows Jeff can understand why I expected him to just laugh and say, "I don't HAVE to do anything," but he shocked me when he smiled and said, "Yup." Ha! So, completely soaked, we reached the car and made good on that kiss (though seriously, it was like buckets of water being thrown on our heads. kinda hard to even make contact) as he reached in his pocket and pulled out the ring and popped the question. Hehe, I'm just glad that ring didn't wash away.

So the cake isn't the traditional tiramisu we get every year, but it was pretty wonderful all on its own.


And I made Jeff an anniversary card. If you can't tell, Captain America is holding up 3 fingers in honor of our big day. Thanks, Cap!

No comments:

Post a Comment